Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Back on the wagon!

Sorry for the blurriness, but here I am at the end of April, approaching a sea-urchin-like state of hair.
Full-on sea urchin! Taken in May (2 months of growth).
Post-surgery, taken early June (3 months of growth).  The hair has finally started laying down somewhat on my forehead and covers my ears when I don't tuck it behind them.


Hello, if you're still out there! Since my last post, I have been on a journey that has left me thankful to be alive, as well as aware of my lack of hair posting.  My hair has grown out considerably since the last picture, so I present to you, without further delay, a quick photo-rundown of the last couple of months.  And so that you will not be alarmed should you notice a new scar on my neck, be assured that though I was diagnosed with melanoma in early May, it was removed last month.  I am now cancer-free, thanks to a keen-eyed dermatologist and an excellent surgical oncologist, who fought my battle for me.  I had a hard time turning my head to take any sort of decent picture and didn't feel much like smiling for a while, so I apologize for the lack of photos here. But I'm back, and better than ever! The hair is about an inch and a quarter long now, and has still not been cut or trimmed since Shave Day.  

No comments:

Post a Comment