Sunday, March 11, 2012

Day 1

Today my parents, sister and toddler nephew saw my hair in person for the first time.  I also went out with a longtime (since childhood) friend of mine.  The reactions between the five of them varied between the mostly positive and the curious:
"You can still tell your hair is red; you sort of have a glow around your head."
"I don't know what you've been reading, but you need to lose the makeup and earrings."
"Aaaahhh! Looks great!"
(silly giggles and head-patting and rubbing from my nephew)
"Oddly enough, it makes you look MORE Irish."
I've counted three outright stares from strangers, even with my "Ask Me Why I'm Bald" button.
For sleeping, I've found a knit night cap to be very comfortable- it sticks to my head like Velcro, but it keeps the ceiling fan wind from blowing across my scalp.  I picked mine up off of Ebay from a seller named English Traditions, and it's really comfy.
So, although I have been trying to figure out how to wear makeup (I must have missed that phase in adolescence) and have been wearing earrings, here's a truly au naturel pic with no makeup and no earrings.  If you squint, you can see the circular patch just above and in front of my ear where my hair grows white- I wonder if this will become more obvious as the hair grows out.

No comments:

Post a Comment