Sunday, March 25, 2012

Day 14

Gettin' fuzzy! I just learned how to blog from my mobile phone, so expect daily pictures with shorter descriptions, unless I'm feeling particularly inspired and actually sit down at the computer to write.
My hair is so long now that when I put on a "wig cap" (read: oversized cut-off toe-part of a knee-high stocking)   many little individual hairs poke through it.  The Velcro effect is still there, but the hair is certainly softer to the touch now.  It's at a length that apparently makes strangers think this is my typical hairstyle vs. recently bald.
I briefly put on the wig yesterday for fun and genuinely DON'T miss all the shedding hairs and weightiness that comes with long, or at least shoulder-blade-length, hair.  I also don't miss the hair getting in my face and tickling my apparently sensitive skin and eyes all the time, or tucking it behind my ears.  Feels very free.  Another very small and unexpected blessing is that when I pull a shirt over my head, I never have to worry about messing my hair up, or it getting caught in the tag, or doing my hair just-so and then deciding to change my outfit, meaning I have to re-do my hair... again.  For someone who goes through many clothing options before making a decision, I've swapped at least several "getting ready" hours for "doing" hours in the past two weeks alone.
Oh! I definitely got hat head for almost a minute after I took my hat off yesterday... before my magnetized iron-filing hair stood straight back out.

No comments:

Post a Comment